To put Clonezilla live, DRBL live, GParted live or Tux2live on your USB flash drive
- Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, or GNU/Linux.
- Internet access for downloading a distribution to install, or a pre-downloaded ISO file.
- An USB flash drive with a FAT partition.
USB setup with MS Windows
- First you need to download the tuxboot file. Please follow the download page to download the exe file on your MS Windows.
- Run the downloaded exe file, select an ISO file or a distribution to download, select a target drive (USB Drive or Hard Disk), then reboot once done. Please refer to screenshots for more details.
USB setup with GNU/Linux
- First you need to download or install the tuxboot file on your system. Please follow the download page to download or install the file on your GNU/Linux system.
- If you downlaod the file, you have to make the downloaded file executable (using either the command "chmod +x ./tuxboot-linux*", or going to Properties -> Permissions and checking "Execute"), then start the application (or run "sudo ./tuxboot-linux*" in the command prompt, replace tuxboot-linux* with the file name you have, e.g. "sudo ./tuxboot-linux-9". You do not have to do this if you use Ubuntu PPA to install tuxboot on you system, because the program 'tuxboot' is already in the executable mode. You can just run "tuxboot" directly.), you will be prompted for your password to grant the application administrative rights, then the main dialog will appear, where you select a distribution and install target (USB Drive or Hard Disk), then reboot when prompted. Please refer to screenshots for more details.
The above description was modified from the UNetbootin website. Thanks to UNetbootin developers.